Saturday, February 07, 2009

Only six more weeks of winter? Thanks, Punxsutawney Phil. That's awesome.

Well if Phil is right, winter in Minnesota should be over in mid-March.  I'm not holding my breath.  I have a feeling that I'll still be able to see it well into April.  This is why rodentia are not used to predict the weather in Minnesota.

Punxsutawney Phil

But I digress.  Winter has been fun here in lovely St. Peter.  We are in the midst of lovely Winterfest, our annual mid-winter celebration in St. Peter.  Three years ago, Mike and I found the medallion and earned ourselves $1,000 in St. Peter Chamber Bucks, which is why we have a dishwasher:)  Gracie and I searched the park behind the house this afternoon, but found nothing.  The search will continue.

A few weeks ago, we were introduced to the joy of Twins Fest by my co-worker Jim.  It was truly awesome.  Not only do you get to eat Dome Dogs during the dead of winter, but you get to tour the clubhouse, meet current and past players, and audition to sing the national anthem (maybe next year).  We had a great time.  We met Bert Blyleven and I was finally circled.  Now if only we could get him into the Hall of Fame where he belongs!

Bert Belongs in Cooperstown!

Circle me Burt

We also met Kevin Slowely and Scott Baker and got their autographs.  Even better, all proceeds go to the Twins community fund.

In more exciting news, Mike is officially runner #2837 in Grandma's Marathon this coming June.   Mike has been diligently training for said marathon.  I continue to be amazed by this dedication and definition of "going for a run".  Ten miles later and he is unphased.  Ten miles later and I'd need a crash cart.  Though truth be told, I've joined the running cult, but the best I'll ever do is a 10k.

Wherever you may be, enjoy the last few weeks of Winter.  May hearts and homes remain warm even during the coldest and snowiest of days.

 

No comments: