Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring, yo?

Look, I'm getting tired of this snow. Enough already. It's March 31 -- this is supposed to be sunny "southern" Minnesota. What's the deal?

Kristen and I recently got on the Facebook bus. Per usual, I manage to hit things just about the time they're getting uncool. It's nice to get in touch with long-lost college friends, though. I can certainly understand the utility of Facebook -- never having to memorize another email address or phone number again... And you can "tag" embarrassing photos of your friends. Good times.

St. Peter celebrated the 10-year anniversary of the big tornado. Here's a link to a nice article on MPR with some great pictures (including a couple of folks we know). It's quite the punctuating event down here. Also, with the way the weather's been lately, it's hard to believe that a tornado could have come so early in the year. We're lucky that we have mature trees in our lawn, as the tornado just missed our little neighborhood. Amazing that in 10 years, I don't think the average person -- if they didn't know what to look for -- would be able to tell that a tornado came through.

Please, spring -- if you're out there -- come back to us. I promise that little fling that I had with summer meant nothing. You're the only season for me!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Not that I am any better at keeping our blog up to date, but seeing snow in July is kind of freaking me out! :-)