Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Have We Ever Been Busy

This is honestly the first time in two weeks that I've been able to sit down at a computer without being at work. Needless to say, kind of a lot of stuff has happened since the last time I posted.

Kristen and I closed on the house on Thursday, March 9th (a day early, even). In between the 9th and today, we've been working madly to prepare the house for living and for Axel.

We painted our bedroom, the living room and the kitchen. We installed a ceiling fan (which I can't seem to figure out how to balance) and a couple light fixtures. We also repainting the kitchen cabinets and the trim in the bedroom. Most days we worked until 11 p.m. and I was also able to take a couple days off from work to putz with the house.


The painting went relatively well -- although the cabinets took more coats than I really would have liked. I think by the time we have the doors back on them, the kitchen will look quite nice.

This Monday night, I also installed a pot rack in the kitchen. That experience couldn't have possibly gone worse (there's some extraneous holes in the ceiling that I'm working on patching). All things considered, it looks alright. I was able to anchor it to a couple studs, so it shouldn't come crashing down on anyone's head. Although we've got a lawyer in the family, it is still always good to try to limit your liability.

Axel came home last night. Grandma Dawn was sad, I'm sure, but she is welcome to come and visit our little man any time she wants. Axel was very well-behaved, all things considered, and we were even able to get a few winks of sleep last night. He's been very good today and has let me work pretty much undisturbed all day today. He just laid, semi-conscious at my feet without so much as a peep... Except when he had to do his business.

More photos of the house soon...

2 comments:

nanettechols said...

Wow! I love the color. AND you know I love Axel. He's precious.
Keep up the good work and bring that guy to see us.
Nanette

Dawn said...

Yes, Grandma was very sad that night, but not as sad as his sister, Lucy. She cried much of the night...grandma only for an hour!!