I thought I might start keeping this blog as a record of Kristen's and my adventures in purchasing, repairing and living in our new house. We're also hoping to get a puppy soon after we move in (on or around March 10)... And it might also be cool to watch our puppy grow and become a part of the family. That's why I thought the name 'Housetraining in St. Peter' was appropriate.
Our (future) house is in St. Peter, MN where Kristen, and I just moved a few months ago. We're currently living in an apartment with a terrible mold problem (ah, the spores!) and hope to be out very soon after we close. The new house belonged to the mother-in-law of the dentist downtown (she's moving into assisted living). It is in wonderful shape, so they must have looked after her pretty well. The basement is unfinished (and that project will certainly be a large part of this blog). The first order of business, however, will be chopping down those awful arbor vitaes in front of the house. Can you tell the house has a front door?
Kristen and I are both very excited about moving, if not to have a place of our own, more to be able to get a dog. I've been busying myself with searching for a dog for the last month (more on that when it become a sure-thing). I've also made a pest of myself at the local lumber yard, Home Depot and Menards asking about the characteristics of various types of fencing.It will be an adventure, that is for sure. Hopefully the blog will help us to look back on the challenges and laugh -- and to look back on our successes and gloat!
No comments:
Post a Comment